Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Socialist Wisconsin Dem Gubernatorial Candidate IMPLODES on National TV When Asked About Her Insane Position on Thanksgiving

Democratic socialist gubernatorial candidate Francesca Hong crumbled on CNN after previously calling for Thanksgiving to be canceled. Credit: The likely Democratic nominee for Wisconsin governor has handed Republicans a remarkable political gift despite a difficult midterm environment.

Francesca Hong, a democratic socialist/communist, has been roasted over several statements she has made over the years, including a wild one about Thanksgiving.

In a Twitter post back in 2021, Hong called on America to cancel the holiday, saying it celebrated colonialism.

“Cancel Thanksgiving. Should have done this in 1621,” she wrote in the now-deleted post.

“If it takes a worldwide pandemic for us to realize we should stop celebrating colonialism and the original superspreader event (smallpox) that killed indigenous folx and women, so be it,” she added.

GOP presumptive gubernatorial nominee Rep. Tom Tiffany (R-WI) quickly dunked on Hong over her crazy post while assuring voters they will be able to celebrate the holiday if he becomes governor.

Hong appeared on CNN last night to do damage control on her previous Thanksgiving post, as well as other wacky positions she has taken in the past.

But when host Kaitlan Collins asked whether she still felt Thanksgiving should be canceled, Hong did not give a yes-or-no response.

Instead, she said this:

WATCH:

COLLINS: You know, you’ve talked about your past positions, which he (Tiffany) keeps highlighting…One thing they brought up from you is a post from 2021 where you said that ‘Americans should cancel Thanksgiving, should have done this in 1621. Republicans keep highlighting.

Do you still believe that Thanksgiving should be canceled?

HONG (short pause): I’m a chef, and one of the first meals that I made was for the community when I was 16, a Thanksgiving meal. I always think that my hospitality background in owning a restaurant for 7 to 8 years, bringing folks together to share conversation, and building communities is always a good thing,

But Thanksgiving is also a time that’s incredibly painful for many people in our communities.

And so I think there, I wanted to make sure that people understood that there are multiple views, but views can evolve. And the position that I’m running for right now, and I think my background as a chef will actually help me become a better governor that’s able to bring more people to the table.

How hard is it to say, “Of course, I don’t think Thanksgiving should be canceled”? Say what you want about the likes of James Talarico or other leftists, at least they’re smart enough not to appear too radical for voters.

Perhaps they’re lying, but they also know taking such a position means political death.

But not Hong. How dumb can you be as a political figure?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2026/08/watch-socialist-wisconsin-dem-gubernatorial-candidate-implodes-national/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discontinued Cracker Barrel foods that fans are begging to get back

Cracker Barrel customers say chain never should have removed beloved menu items: 'Blasphemy' Cracker Barrel Old Country Store has b...