Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will return to the UK at the end of the month for “an extended period,” Page Six can confirm.
We’re also told that their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, will be enrolled at a school there.
“The palace was made aware of the move,” a source confirmed to Page Six on Wednesday.
Page Six has reached out to the Palace for comment.
According to a source, King Charles III was told on Sunday that Harry and Markle would be returning to Britain and he looks forward to spending more time with them in a personal capacity.
The King is also clear that the couple’s role and status as private individuals and non-working members of the royal family will not change, the source noted.
As has previously been reported, Charles has been clear in upholding the rule held by his mother, the late Queen Elizabeth II, that there is no half-in, half-out option for working royals.
“I know that Charles is the reason they are moving back,” an insider told Page Six.

According to the Sun, who was first to report the news Wednesday, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will move into “a non-royal residence” and will “not be working royals.” Instead, per the outlet, they will “continue with their business enterprises.”
Harry and Markle first announced they were stepping away from the royal family and moving to California in January 2020.
“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution,” they said in a statement at the time.
“We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen,” they added, referencing the now-deceased monarch, who died in September 2022.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex added that they would “balance [their] time between the United Kingdom and North America” while “continuing to honour [their] duty” to the royal family.
They stressed that this move would allow them to raise son Archie — who wasn’t even 1 at the time and is now 7 — with “an appreciation for the royal tradition” while “providing [their] family with the space to focus on the next chapter.” (The couple has since welcomed daughter Lilibet, 5.)
About a year after they’d settled in the US, Harry and Markle sat down with Oprah Winfrey for a tell-all interview in which the “Suits” actress discussed her tortured relationship with the royal family.
Markle admitted at the time that she’d “naively” entered the royal brood and only later realized “there’s the family, then there’s the people that are running the institution,” adding: “Those are two separate things.”
Elsewhere in the interview, the duchess claimed she wasn’t “being protected” and people were “willing to lie to protect other members of the family,” which led to her feeling lonely and isolated.
“I just didn’t want to be alive anymore,” she told Winfrey of her life playing out for the British tabloids.
Perhaps the biggest bombshell, though, was her claim that members of the royal family had concerns over “how dark [Archie’s] skin might be when he was born.” (Markle is biracial.)
Harry has been outspoken against the royal family since coming to the US, too.
In his 2023 memoir, “Spare,” the duke accused his older brother, Prince William, of physically attacking him and alleged that his father, Charles, called him a “spare” when he was born — sparking the title of the book, a reference to Harry being far down the line of succession to the British throne.
Page Six previously reported that Harry had “no regrets” about the bombshell revelations in his book.
“Harry said he was really happy about the success of the book and the reaction to it,” an insider told us. “He said he had no regrets about any of the revelations, and he’s relieved to have got his story out into the world.”
Given their actions, Harry and Meghan have largely fallen out with some members of the royal family over the years — particularly William and wife Kate Middleton.
When the Sussexes reunited with the king in July during their visit to the UK with their kids — the first time Charles had seen his grandchildren in four years — there was “no contact” with the Waleses and that their relationship was “so broken.”
While Harry has returned to the UK numerous times over the years for visits and important appearances, Markle — and especially their children — have largely remained in the US.
Last year, in a BBC interview, the royal said he “would love reconciliation” with members of the royal family.
Story developing…
https://pagesix.com/2026/08/19/royal-family/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-making-move-back-to-uk/







No comments:
Post a Comment