Wednesday, September 1, 2021

As Beijing’s Aggression Grows, Taiwan Warns China Could ‘Paralyze’ Island’s Defenses

 As Beijing’s Aggression Grows, Taiwan Warns China Could ‘Paralyze’ Island’s Defenses


China possesses the military capability to “paralyze” Taiwan’s air-and-sea 
defenses and counter-attack systems, according to a newly released report 
by Taiwan’s defense ministry. The announcement from the island nation 
comes as Beijing continues to ramp up pressure on Taiwan following 
President Joe Biden’s botched withdrawal from Afghanistan last month.

China “can combine with its internet army to launch wired and wireless
 attacks against the global internet, which would initially paralyse our 
air defences, command of the sea and counter-attack system abilities,
 presenting a huge threat to us,” the annual report read. The document 
paints a graver picture than last year’s report.


According to Reuters, the defense ministry also noted that “China can 
launch what it termed ‘soft and hard electronic attacks,’ including 
blocking communications across the western part of the first island chain, 
the string of islands that run from the Japanese archipelago, through 
Taiwan and down to the Philippines.” Moreover, the assessment laid 
out several events that could prompt a Chinese invasion, including 
Taiwan declaring independence, obtaining nuclear weapons, and
 allowing foreign troops to be stationed on the island, among others.

For now, however, the report noted Beijing likely does not possess
 the transport and logistical capacity necessary for an invasion of 
Taiwan’s main island.

Amid the ongoing controversy surrounding the U.S. withdrawal 
from Afghanistan, China has seized the opportunity to continue its
 military pressure campaign on Taiwan. On Wednesday, a single 
People’s Liberation Army Y-8 RECCE aircraft was spotted inside 
the southwestern region of Taiwan’s air defense identification 
zone (ADIZ).

Taiwan’s military issued several radio warnings and deployed 

air defense missile systems in response to the activity.

Taiwan Warns China Could 'Paralyze' Island's Defenses As Threat Grows (thefederalist.com)

REPORT: DoD had Foreknowledge of Kabul Airport Bomber – Denied Permission to Fire Predator Drone that had Lock on Him – 13 US Heroes Dead

 

Roger Pardo-Maurer, the former U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Western Hemisphere Affairs (2001-2006), joined Jorge Ramos on Univision Noticias on Monday to discuss the unfolding disastrous withdrawal of US forces in Afghanistan.

During their conversation, Pardo-Maurer told Ramos the Department of Defense had foreknowledge of the Kabul Airport suicide bomber but denied permission to fire a Predator Drone missile once they had a lock on him.

13 US servicemen and women were killed in the blast along with over 100 Afghans.

The US Department of Defense allowed the bomber to murder 13 Americans.

Life means nothing to these people.

REPORT: DoD had Foreknowledge of Kabul Airport Bomber - Denied Permission to Fire Predator Drone that had Lock on Him - 13 US Heroes Dead (thegatewaypundit.com)

Evacuee Says Taliban Gaining Control of Kabul Through Threats, Coercion

 

Taliban's promise of 'complete amnesty' a lie, he says

The Taliban is gaining control over Kabul through threats and coercion, according to an Afghan citizen who has managed to flee his homeland before the terrorist group tracked down his address and paid a visit in search for him.

Just days after fleeing Afghanistan with his son and his wife on Aug. 24, Fawad, a PhD scholar who worked for the government prior to the Taliban takeover, told The Epoch Times that he had learned that a large group of Taliban members visited his home, demanding to know his whereabouts.

Meanwhile, Fawad said he knew of three other Afghans—one in a high-ranking position in the Afghan media—who had been detained and tortured by the Taliban for three days. He says they were all released after being forced to sign documents promising the terrorist group that they will not leave the country or make their detentions and torture public.

The account comes as growing evidence emerges of Taliban killings, detentions, threats, and intimidation, contradicting the terrorist group’s promises last month and in the Doha peace agreement not to retaliate against its opponents.

Speaking on condition on anonymity from a quarantine center in India on Monday, Fawad, who has authored some 200 articles in international journals and newspapers critical of the Taliban, said the terrorist group on Aug. 28 had interrogated a contractor guarding in his apartment building and demanded to see copies of his rental contract.

The Taliban members eventually left after learning that he had already been evacuated, he said.

“They took some information from that dealer and left because they weren’t able to find me. They took some pictures of the [rental] contract,” Fawad said in a phone interview, noting that the incident was witnessed and photographed by contacts who live nearby.

Fawad said that from what he’s heard about the Taliban’s behavior in recent days from friends in Kabul, the Taliban’s public promises of “complete amnesty” for those who have fought against them or worked for the government are no more than a front.

Enamullah Samangani, a representative of the Taliban’s cultural commission, said on Afghan state television on Aug. 17 that the group “has announced a complete amnesty for all Afghanistan, especially those who were with the opposition or supported the occupiers for years and recently.”

Fawad told The Epoch Times he believes he is being targeted by the Taliban for his affiliation with the government and his academic writing.

“Because of that, they came,” he said. “How they found my place and how they knew my name, I do not know.”

“They [the Taliban] are lying! Especially about those people who have written against them … they know who they’re targeting and searching [for],” Fawad added, pushing back against previous statements from the group that their fighters have been barred from entering private homes. It is unclear how strictly such commands are being followed by the rank and file of the Taliban, which is made up of a number of different factions.

The Taliban’s promises have also been undermined recently by a leaked report from the nonprofit RHIPTO Norwegian Centre for Global Analyses, which provides intelligence to the United Nations.

The report said that the Taliban terrorist group was carrying out highly organized door-to-door manhunts for people on their wanted list, threatening to kill or harm their relatives if they do not surrender.

Targets include people who have worked for or collaborated with American or other NATO forces, and former government employees, particularly those in intelligence services and the special forces units, according to the report, which warns of mass executions of those on the Taliban’s blacklist.

Epoch Times Photo
A man walks past a barrier wall on Jan. 19, 2021, painted with an image of former Afghan Tolo TV presenter Yama Siawash, who was killed in a targeted attack allegedly by the Taliban in Kabul on Nov. 7, 2020, amid the country’s peace talks.

Illustrating the dangers highlighted in the report, the family member of a journalist for Deutsche Welle, a German broadcaster, was shot dead by Taliban fighters searching for the reporter last month.

Meanwhile, award-winning Afghan photographer Massoud Hossaini, who fled to the Netherlands on Aug. 15, told AFP that he had received numerous threats from the Taliban over his work. Hossaini warned that the Taliban is attempting to slowly “kill the media.”

Agreeing with Hossaini’s remarks, Fawad told The Epoch Times that he believes the Taliban terrorist group is “afraid” of a free press and academics who are able to “write the facts.” For this reason, they want to “control the media,” he added.

Television channel TOLO, for example, has changed its coverage dramatically since the Taliban seized control of Kabul on Aug. 15, he said, noting that music is no longer played, female anchors have been removed, and only religious programs and “controlled” news are being aired.

Elaborating on how the Taliban threatens and coerces individuals in their quest for control, Fawad explained that the terrorist group puts pressure on the family of targets who have fled, or are in hiding, in order to force their return and surrender to the Taliban.

“If he does not return and surrender, they will torture the family,” Fawad said.

But as the terrorist group now seeks to present an image to the outside world that it is less repressive, many remain doubtful it has changed its ways.

Lt. Col. Omar Hamada, M.D., a former U.S. Special Forces flight surgeon, told The Epoch Times he believes the “brutal” Taliban regime still wants to institute Sharia Law “under the threat of violence, and they’re not going to change that.”

“To think that they’re going to change color now, I mean, does a leopard lose its spots? Of course not … the Taliban isn’t all of a sudden going to be some peace-loving regime that’s going to let people live the way they want,” he said on Monday.

Hamada, now an emergency room doctor, also criticized the Biden adminstration after Secretary of State Antony Blinken and national security adviser Jake Sullivan confirmed that the United States shared with the Taliban a list of names for American citizens, green card holders, and Afghan allied personnel in an attempt to grant them entry to Kabul’s international airport.

“Even a high school student knows better than to hand our enemies a list of our assets and allies,” Hamada added. “It’s a target list … I think it’s a gift to the Taliban. These are the people who have been helping us, and I think it’s very naive for us to think that they’re going to use that for anything other than targeting them.”

Evacuee Says Taliban Gaining Control of Kabul Through Threats, Coercion (theepochtimes.com)

Matt Gaetz Was Right: Con-Man Stephen Alford Indicted for Attempted Extortion of Rep. Gaetz’s Family of $25 Million


As The Gateway Pundit reported on Tuesday — The New York Times published a hit piece targeting popular Trump-supporter Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) saying the Florida Congressman was under investigation for dating a 17-year-old girl.

The Gateway Pundit later spoke with a source close to Matt Gaetz who told us this report is completely false. Gaetz is not the target of the investigation.  We were also told none of the women he was seeing were underage.

It’s not a surprise the left is after Gaetz since he is such an effective communicator and a staunch Trump supporter.

Rep. Gaetz told Axios “the allegations were as searing as they are false.”

On Tuesday night Rep. Matt Gaetz joined Tucker Carlson to discuss the New York Times hit piece.

Matt Gaetz UNLOADED on a former Justice Department official who was threatening his family and accused one of his.

Rep. Matt Gaetz: What is happening is extortion of me and my family involving a former Department of Justice official. On March 16th, my father got a text message demanding a meeting wherein a person demanded $25 million in exchange for making horrible sex trafficking allegations of me go away. Our family was so troubled by that we went to the local FBI and the FBI and the Department of Justice were so concerned about this, that they asked my dad to wear a wire. Which he did with the former Department of Justice official. Tonight I am demanding that the Department of Justice and the FBI release the audio recordings that were made under their supervision and at their direction which will prove my innocence. These allegations aren’t true and they were meant to bleed my family. This former Department of Justice official tomorrow was supposed to be contacted by my father so that specific instructions could be given regarding the wiring of $4.5 million as a down payment on this bribe. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that tonight somehow The New York Times is leaking this information, smearing me, and ruining the investigation.

Tucker Carlson: …First of all, who is this Department of Justice former employee who is trying to extort the money from you.

Rep. Gaetz: His name is David McGee… He currently works at the Beggs and Lane law firm.

The Gateway Pundit wrote Attorney David McGee on Tuesday regarding Rep. Gaetz’s accusations.
We did not hear back from McGee.

Later Rep. Gaetz’s office sent The Gateway Pundit this statement.

“Over the past several weeks my family and I have been victims of an organized criminal extortion involving a former DOJ official seeking $25 million while threatening to smear my name. We have been cooperating with federal authorities in this matter and my father has even been wearing a wire at the FBI’s direction to catch these criminals. The planted leak to the New York Times tonight was intended to thwart that investigation. No part of the allegations against me are true, and the people pushing these lies are targets of the ongoing extortion investigation. I demand the DOJ immediately release the tapes, made at their direction, which implicate their former colleague in crimes against me based on false allegations.” -Rep. Matt Gaetz

Matt Gaetz was right.

On Tuesday federal prosecutors accused Stephen Alford of trying to defraud US Rep. Matt Gaetz’s father Don Gaetz out of $25 million.

Reuters reported:

Federal prosecutors on Tuesday accused a Florida man of trying to defraud U.S. Representative Matt Gaetz’s father Don Gaetz out of $25 million, in a scheme allegedly linked to a criminal investigation targeting the Republican congressman.

In a newly unsealed indictment, prosecutors accused Stephen Alford, 62, of contacting Gaetz’s father and demanding $25 million. The congressman is currently under criminal investigation over an allegation that he sex trafficked a minor and, prosecutors alleged that Alford falsely claimed he could help Gaetz obtain a pardon from former President Donald Trump.

The indictment does not refer directly to the embattled pro-Trump lawmaker or his father, a former healthcare executive who also served as president of Florida’s state senate. But the alleged plot was widely reported this year after Gaetz released documents he said showed an extortion plot against him.

Matt Gaetz Was Right: Con-Man Stephen Alford Indicted for Attempted Extortion of Rep. Gaetz's Family of $25 Million (thegatewaypundit.com) 

Man Urinates on Dairy Queen Counter in Protest of Mask Policy


A maskless Canadian was so pissed off at Dairy Queen’s face covering policy that he urinated all over the restaurant counter, a Facebook video shows.

According to CTV News, the incident occurred around 9 p.m. on Saturday at Dairy Queen in Vancouver Island’s Port Alberni.

The disgruntled customer was allegedly already asked to leave the establishment once before he returned. When he came back, workers asked him to cover his face, citing British Columbia (BC) policy.

“You do not have a brain…,” he said, before asking the workers to explain themselves. “It’s not a BC policy. BC policy says you have to observe exemptions.”

The piddling provocateur proceeded to unzip his pants and defile the DQ service counter near the cash register “as the staff shrieked in horror,” the New York Post reported on Tuesday.

“F—ing psychopaths,” he yelled before leaving the restaurant.

Please contact the RCMP at 250-723-2424 if you have any information on this case. File # 2021-9151.

Posted by Port Alberni RCMP on Tuesday, August 31, 2021

“This is the first incident of this nature,” RCMP Sgt. Chris Manseau told CTV. “I think people should just wear their masks and be safe and be polite.”

The tinkling transgressor has yet to be identified, and police have not made any arrests.

Man Urinates on Dairy Queen Counter in Protest of Mask Policy (breitbart.com)

'Patriotism' by Sir Walter Scott (what our opponents so hate)

Breathes there the man with soul so dead,

Who never to himself hath said,

'This is my own, my native land!'

Whose heart hath ne'er within him burn'd

As home his footsteps he hath turn'd
   
From wandering on a foreign strand?

If such there breathe, go, mark him well;

For him no Minstrel raptures swell;

High though his titles, proud his name,

Boundless his wealth as wish can claim;

Despite those titles, power, and pelf,

The wretch, concentred all in self,

Living, shall forfeit fair renown,

And, doubly dying, shall go down

To the vile dust from whence he sprung,

Unwept, unhonour'd, and unsung.




Christian Scholars Denounce Study Claiming LGBTQ Agenda Poses No Threat to Christians

It's Cartoon/Meme Time! #494a